Friday, April 26, 2013

test


SEMI-OLD PEOPLE'S MEMORY TEST
This is not a pushover test. There are 20 questions. Average score is 12. This one will be very difficult for the younger set. Have fun, but no peeking! When you forward this to your friends/family, put your score in the subject line and let them know your score. Don't forget to forward it to me, as well. Good luck youngsters!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

1. What builds strong bodies 12 ways?
A. Flintstones vitamins
B. The Buttmaster
C. Spaghetti
D. Wonder Bread
E.
Orange Juice
F. Milk
G. Cod Liver Oil



2. Before he was Muhammed Ali, he was...
A. Sugar Ray Robinson
B. Roy Orbison
C. Gene Autry
D. Rudolph Valentino
E. Fabian
F. Mickey Mantle
G. Cassius Clay



3. Pogo, the comic strip character said, 'We have met the enemy and...
A. It's you
B. He is us
C. It's the Grinch
D. He wasn't home
E. He's really me an
F.. We quit
G. He surrendered



4. Good night David.
A. Good night Chet
B. Sleep well
C. Good night Irene
D.. Good night Gracie
E. See you later alligator
F.. Until tomorrow
G. Good night Steve


5. You'll wonder where the yellow went...
A. When you use Tide
B. When you lose your crayons
C. When you clean your tub
D. If you paint the room blue
E. If you buy a soft water tank
F. When you use Lady Clairol
G. When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent


6. Before he was the Skipper's Little Buddy, Bob Denver was Dobie's friend...
A. Stuart Whitman
B. Randolph Scott
C. Steve Reeves
D. Maynard G Krebbs
E. Corky B. Dork
F. Dave the Whale
G. Zippy Zoo


7. Liar, liar.
A. You're a liar
B. Your nose is growing
C. Pants on fire
D. Join the choir
E. Jump up higher
F. On the wire
G. I'm telling Mom


8. Meanwhile, back in Metropolis, Superman fights a never ending battle for truth, justice and...
A. Wheaties
B. Lois Lane
C. TV ratings
D. World peace
E. Red tights
F.. The American way
G. News headlines


9. Hey kids! What time is it?
A. It's time for Yogi Bear
B. It's time to do your homework
C. It's Howdy Doody Time
D. It's Time for Romper Room
E. It's bedtime
F. The Mighty Mouse Hour
G. Scoopy Doo Time


10. Lions and tigers and bears...
A. Yikes
B. Oh no
C. Gee whiz
D. I'm scared
E. Oh my
F. Help! Help!
G. Let's run


11. Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone...
A. Over 40
B. Wearing a uniform
C. Carrying a briefcase
D. Over 30
E. You don't know
F. Who says, 'Trust me'
G. Who eats tofu


12. NFL quarterback who appeared in a television commercial wearing women's stockings...
A. Troy Aikman
B. Kenny Stabler
C. Joe Namath
D. Roger Stauback
E. Joe Montana
F. Steve Young
G. John Elway


13. Brylcream.
A. Smear it on
B. You'll smell great
C. Tame that cowlick
D. Grease ball heaven
E. It's a dream
F. We're your team
G. A little dab'll do ya


14. I found my thrill...
A. In Blueberry muffins
B. With my man, Bill
C. Down at the mill
D. Over the windowsill
E. With thyme and dill
F. Too late to enjoy
G. On Blueberry Hill


15. Before Robin Williams, Peter Pan was played by...
A.. Clark Gable
B. Mary Martin
C. Doris Day
D. Errol Flynn
E. Sally Fields
F. Jim Carey
G. Jay Leno


16. Name the Beatles....
A. John, Steve, George, Ringo
B. John, Paul, George, Roscoe
C. John, Paul, Stacey, Ringo
D. Jay, Paul, George, Ringo
E. Lewis, Peter, George, Ringo
F. Jason, Betty, Skipper, Hazel
G. John, Paul, George, Ringo


17. I wonder, wonder, who..
A. Who ate the leftovers?
B. Who did the laundry?
C. Was it you?
D. Who wrote the book of love?
E. Who I am?
F. Passed the test?
G. Knocked on the door?


18. I'm strong to the finish...
A. Cause I eats my broccoli
B. Cause I eats me spinach
C. Cause I lift weights
D. Cause I'm the hero
E. And don't you forget it
F. Cause Olive Oyl loves me
G. To outlast Bruto


19.. When it's least expected, you're elected, you're the star today...
A. Smile, you're on Candid Camera
B.. Smile, you're on Star Search
C. Smile, you won the lottery
D. Smile, we're watching you
E. Smile, the world sees you
F. Smile, you're a hit
G. Smile, you're on TV


20. What do M&M's do?
A. Make your tummy happy
B. Melt in your mouth, not in your pocket
C. Make you fat
D. Melt your heart
E. Make you popular
F. Melt in your mouth, not in your hand
G. Come in colors


I got 19 but I don't feel old


Below are the right answers:

1. D - Wonder Bread
2. G - Cassius Clay
3. B - He Is Us
4. A - Good night, Chet
5. G - When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent
6. D - Maynard G. Krebbs
7. C - Pants On Fire
8. F - The
American Way
9. C - It's Howdy Doody Time
10. E - Oh My
11. D - Over 30
12. C - Joe Namath
13. G - A little dab'll do ya
14. G - On Blueberry Hill
15. B - Mary Martin
16. G - John, Paul, George, Ringo
17. D - Who wrote the book of Love
18. B - Cause I eats me spinach
19. A - Smile, you're on Candid Camera
20. F - Melt In Your Mouth Not In Your Hand

DONT' FORGET TO PUT YOUR SCORE ON THE SUBJECT LINE BEFORE YOUR FORWARD IT ON.

I got 20 I think that makes either real old or I cheated, I think it is real old. Whatis your score?

Bob

35 comments:

  1. I got 20, and I didn't cheat. Boy, so I ever feel old, especially after being reminded what Bob Dylan said:(

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never old just smarter with age have a great day


      Bob

      Delete
  2. Well, I only got 12. That either makes me old and my memory is not so good or young because I hadn't even heard of some of those quotes before!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me thinkith that your not a baby boomer x generation maybe?

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Hey Bob, this was fun, I got 15. hmm. not sure what that says about me!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun, I got 19 and I'm pretty old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't say your old... how about you already did the test before and remember all the answers except one?

      Bob

      Delete
  5. Hi Bob. This was fun :) I got 15, some of those I've never heard of at all. Guess that means I'm still young?? Lol. Hope you and Bobbie have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a day over 24 Queenie really :)

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bob,
    I got 10. I am either very young....or being from UK put me at a disadvantage ....or is that an advantage as it makes me seem like I'm younger?
    Anyway, good fun, thank you
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are things that different across the pond? Do you have questioners such as this from you end of the woods. I would like to take one of your tests.

      Bob

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Bob, do not do this to me .. I had 4 right. I think I have the record .. lol

      Cassius Clay
      Beatles,
      spinach

      Delete
    2. Hi Mona dear

      You will forever remain young in Bass's and my eyes

      Bob

      Delete
  9. I got 14 right! That was fun Bob, some made me really smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased that you enjoyed it so much

      Bob

      Delete
  10. I got 19, ..I may be old , but my memory is still in tack.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL abby your memory is always perfect

      Bob

      Delete
  11. I got 17, and I know I'm old. I missed numbers: 3,4,&11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belle we are not when comparedd to a tree WEG

      Bob

      Delete
  12. I really like this kind of test. But I only got 6 right. Almost the lowest score here. Perhaps because a) I grew up in UK; and/
    b) because most of this was way after the time when I took much notice of this kind of thing.

    For example what exactly are M&Ms? And I can guess what NFL means but it has never meant anything to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malcolm, you make a very good point. Many of the references are American, and I only know the answers because of the American TV stations we had access to. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to do a comparable test using UK equivalents.

      M&Ms are like Smarties (do you have them in the UK?) or Cadbury mini-eggs. Small chocolate candies covered with a coloured candy coating. Sometimes also contain a peanut.

      Delete
    2. I am sorry I put my over the pond friend at a disadvantage I thought every old folk new the answers to the questions.

      Do you have questions similar to this one I would love to try my hand at your quiz.


      thank you Hermione for explaining what m&m's are
      Bob

      Delete
  13. I think it was 17....I hate standardized tests. I did cheat and ask hubby the sports ones. So even though I am old, I stink at certain questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle this was an open book test so there was no cheating
      As for being old nope forever young is what you are

      Bob

      Delete
  14. Hi Bob. I'm Canadian and I got 16, so it's not just America. I am surprised I got the Bob Dylan one wrong though. 30 seems really young an age not to trust anybody older than.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well hello there Duke glad you stopped by.

    I was amazed at the difference in our cultures between us and our neighbors across the pond.
    I thought every one knew about M&M's :(

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheating, hm? We know what happens to people who cheat? :D

    Fun quiz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. We all know that HOH's don't cheat so it must be that I am really old but not as old as a tree. :)

      Is it even possible to spank or what ever you were referring to to a HOH? That's inconceivable WEG

      Bob

      Delete
  17. Does a score of 15 make me moderately old?

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one of those feel good test If you want your age to be_____ fill in the blank and that is what will be.

    I am to please today

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL Bob, You know I scored a twenty, and you know I'm old. The good news is that I think my younger brother could pass it, too. Oh wait, He is old, too!!! LOLOL

    Joannie

    ReplyDelete